Friday, August 1, 2008

Finding anonymity where there is none


Ever wonder about the kind of writings some of our dear brothers and sisters living in the coveted Fourth Estate come up with?
Sample the story below extracted from one of the main dailies in Kenya.
"
"..We can't deliver services to the public effectively when we are demoralised," a clerk at the office said. "...I had gone for an interview and passed and I have been waiting to be promoted to the position of a deputy Lands Registrar. I am now joining the Office of the President and I don't know where to start," the Clerk who spoke on condition of anonymity, said. "...The experience I have gained while working with the Lands Ministry enables me to detect a fake title deed. Those who will come may take a couple of months to reach such level," said the Clerk who has worked in the Ministry for 23 years.
"
Someone tell me; where is the anonymity???

No comments: